International Man of Mystery...

My photo
I grew up in the Boston area and lived there until my junior year in high school when I attended the Mountain School, a semester program run by Milton Academy in Vershire, VT. I then attended Colby College in Waterville, ME. During my time at Colby I studied anthropology, spent a semester in Northeast India, and became fluent in Nepali. Before I became a guide I earned my black belt in kenpo karate and taught karate for 6 years. I began guiding in college on the rocky coast of ME with Acadia Mountain Guides and on ice at the International Mountain Climbing School in NH. After graduating I took to the highway and drove from ME to WA for the big mountains and glaciers. I spend my winters in lovely Ouray, CO guiding in the famous ice park. I am currently working towards becoming a certified guide through the American Mountain Guides Association. I live, work and play in the hills and on the rocks. On the rocks both literally and, well, with ice.

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Training

We always say that the best way to train for climbing is to climb. However in the spring and fall when it is too cold to rock climb and too warm to ice climb, or for a nice change of pace a training regimen can be essential and rejuvenating. The goal is to come into the climbing season "guns blazing" as my friend Pat likes to say, rather than having to start from scratch.

All winter I have been attending CrossFit at Hypoxia Gym. A training regimen that provides a high intensity work out for a short period of time. After warming up the work out is only about twenty minutes. Twenty minutes at around maximum heart rate.

Crossfit has definitely made me stronger but also much tighter. So I have added Yoga at Inner Mountain Yoga to loosen up my muscles and focus my breathing. Only a couple classes in and I already feel much looser and frankly healthier.

Oh yeah, and did I mention skiing, the skiing is good too!









Pumping iron and sun salutations,
Eitan

No comments:

Post a Comment